Finally here it is, my top 5 favorite DJ mixes of 2009 in no specific order. We have house, techno, progressive and even a bit of breaks. But in 2009 it the trend in underground dance music was the gray area between house and techno. Chunky, high quality beats with a funky house groove that makes them much more danceable than the techno movement of 2007-2008. Plus music became more happy and moved away from the darkness. CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO DOWNLOAD.
Steve Lawler - Essential mix - 5/2009
* Steve's mix on Pete Tong's essential mix was better than Steve's last two compilations in my opinion. Very housey and groovey but still with a high techy quality. A lot of cool samples also floating around in there as well, but you have to listen closely.
* From 2008-09 I bought a bunch of Monika Kruse tracks and they were all off the hook. When I heard this mix i was blown away. Incredible energy came out of it, you can hear the chants from the men in the crowd saying "I love you". Very banging but not too banging, as a DJ its always hard to bang it too much while your in the zone playing in a big room.
* Matthias Tanzmann mentioned that 2000 and One used to work for a Detroit record label. You can hear that in the mix as well. One of my favorite Dutch artists, his sound is right down the line of techno and house. His tracks in 2009 have been incredible, I played 85% of them
* I really liked this because it was different and very melodic. Starts out with some breaks and goes into a mix of techy and proggy style of James.
Edu Imernon - June promo mix - 6/2009
* In 2009 Is when I first noticed Edu, 90% of the tracks him and his partner Coyu make are off the FUCKING HOOK. Then his agent sent me this mix and i was blown away. A lot of tracks that i play were on there as well, i was like "This guys is copying my shit" lol. I listened to this mix at least 15 times and its solid.