Looking at the last year there was a ton of cool new entertainment on TV. As an entertainment addict I had to share my Top 5 TV Shows of last year.
1. Heroes: This NBC show about a bunch of kids with super powers trying to save the world, was by far best TV show I've ever seen, ever! It's so good you should make it a priority to see this, everyone Ive told is addicted. I have never found myself just counting down the days for a TV shows next episode to come on. After each episode I would get so pissed off. I would say, "Fuck, I cant believe their just going to leave me hanging like this." I just wanted more and more. If your going to buy the all the seasons on DVD, watch out! It should come with a warning label: "Don't start the first episode unless your prepared to waist 24 hours of your life". Like a bag of Cheetos; once you eat one you won't be able to stop for a looooong time. You can download and watch all the episodes on-line on NBC.
2. Entourage: Yes, we all hate the superficial LA/Hollywood lifestyles, but there's more than meets the eye. At first I was skeptical, I was like, "fuck that LA bullshit". But I watched an episode, then immediately followed by 6 more episodes and 4 cups of Persian tea. It's about a young movie star who hooks up his brother and his 3 friends. Whats good about it? It's tailored for our us, 21 - 35 who love to party and have fun. The best character is Arie, the movie star's agent, he represents this cockiness and confidence that we imagine having in business.
3. Lost: I love trippy things that make you Analise them like puzzle. That's why Lost is #3, a bunch of professional actors playing survivors of a plain crash who have been trapped on an Island. But the theres some crazy Bermuda triangle shit going on with the Island. Best way to describe the experience, basically a 5 day long M. Night Shamalan movie on mushrooms; a total mind fuck bad trip with 300 twists. The only problem with it is the twists, way too many freakin twists. It's not practical, and I don't mean the content. Its just too hard to follow, you miss one episode and your screwed...you will ll be lost just like the show.
4. Curb your Enthusiasm: There hasn't been a solid comedy series in a long time, so I had to give it up to this one. It's by and about Larry David, the co-creator of Seinfeld. Embarrassing stuff that makes you run out the room with your eyes closed. Like a practical application of the all the embarrassing things that have happened to Ben Stiller and Chevy Chase movies in the last 30 years. Thats what makes it hilarious. But you will either love it or hate it.
5. John From Cincinnati: I was going to give the #5 spot to 24 or HBO's ROME, then last weekend I saw John From Cincinnati. I'm going out on a limb for this one cause there has only been 2 episodes out now. The mystery is killing me, no one knows who John is, all we know is hes a little retarded and he can surf...theres only one thing he knows for sure and thats "The end is near". I personally think John, is the angel of death. The show is about surfing and spiritual enlightenment, what lies beyond the natural world. Theres a lot of good actors too and that is a big factor, click HERE for more info on the show.